Thursday, February 25, 2010

Valentine's day

Emanuel doesn't like plants and he has his valid reasons for the WHY: every summer he has the job to transfer them either to the garden or to someone's house who would take care of them while I am gone - this usally means 4-5 weeks. Considering that only in the house we have 8-10 plants, not mentioning the ones in the balcony (maybe 8 more), you could understand him. So, I was very surprised when I saw his gift to me for Valentine's day: a huge, and beautiful orchid!! Isn't it gorgeous?



Ah, you are asking what did I give him? Well, if to me he can get through flowers, and to the men we could get through their belly, it is right that I cooked for him a special meal, don't you think?
When I was still living at home, I often asked my mom to cook a special type fo meatrolls for me. I still remember the cookbook where she got the recepie from. Well, a few weeks ago this memory came to my mind and I started to look for the recipe on the net,
and I think I found the same one.
Of course I adapted it to my needs and our taste and it turned out very well.
I am sure it is possible to make it in the crockpot. So, here is my version:

Ingredients:

6-8 thin slice of lean pork meat
200 g thinly sliced mortadella
200 g ricotta
2 tbsp Philadephila cream cheese
3 tbsp chopped parsley
salt
pepper
3/4 cup white wine
half can of chopped tomatoes
3 tbsp olive oil

Preparation:

1. Salt and pepper the meat, put on them the mortadella slices.
2. Mix the ricotta and the cheese, add the finely chopped parsley. Spread it on the mortadella and carefully roll the meat, fix it with a thread.
3. Heat the oil in a cooking pan, and brown the meat on all sides.
4. Pour on the rolls the wine and on high temperature let the alcohol to evaporate.
5. Add the tomatoes and some water, then cook it for 30 minutes. It is normal if some of the filling comes out.
6. Serve it on cooked rice while it is still hot.

It turned out as a great success!

0 comments: