I have found this recipe on this blog, where you can see all the steps to prepare the rolls. I have made some minor changes, here is the modified recipe:
A - 2 cups milk
0.5 cup oil (not olive oil)
0.5 cup sugar
B - 1 package dry yeast
C - 4 cups flour
D - 0.5 cup flour
E - 0.75 tsp baking powder
0.5 tsp baking soda
0.75 tsp salt
F - 200 g butter
1 cup sugar
1 package powdered sugar
40 g melted butter
2 TBSP orzo (or malt)
50-100 ml milk
1. Heat up A - do not boil it. Let it cool down for about 45 minutes.
2. When it is lukewarm add B without mixing it.
3. After 5 minutes add C, mix it well, cover and let it rest for at leas 1 hour.
4. Pour on top D and E, mix. The dough is ready.
5. Roll it out.
6. Melt the butter - don't make it too liquid - and add sugar, make a cream of them. Pour it on the dough.
7. Pour on it the cinnamon. Roll it up and cut them in 2 cm thick slices.
8. Put the on cooking paper.
9. Heat up the oven, bake them at 200 °C for 15-18 minuti. When they strat to get golden color, take them out.
10. While thery are in the oven, mix all the ingredients of the frosting, it is supposed to be very thin. As soon as you take out the rolls, pour the frosting on them, but don't cover them (they will absorb almost all of it.)
Instead of the cinnamon, you can also use cocoa powder, coconut, nuts etc.
10 months ago